Warning! Blizzard, Thunder Snow and Jesus Returns
|Chicago Lake Shore Drive 2011|
I have never heard of ‘thunder snow’ before until last Tuesday on the weather report when the blizzard came in town. A friend said there was a thunder around 8pm but I totally missed that because I was watching Founder’s week online. I guess God’s voice/message was louder than the thunder.
There were some conversations going in the office before the snowstorm. Some colleagues took the weather warning very seriously and went home earlier than usual (including me). Some colleagues even warned their friends to avoid taking certain routes to go home; especially not to take the Lake Shore Drive (of course, some of their friends ignored their advice). Some colleagues chose not to believe that the snow storm would bring the city 20 or more inches of snow. Some even said, ‘It is not the end of the world! Why do people make such big deal?’
Different people react the weather warning differently. What if the news says, ‘Jesus is coming!’ How would you response? In Matthew 24, Jesus told his disciples that the signs of the end of the age; and how He returns.
Here are some signs that Jesus revealed to His disciples in Matthew 24:
1) Verse 5: For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.
2) Verse 6: You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.
|My friend and I were out looking for food during the storm.|
3) Verse 7: Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.
4) Verse 21: For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now – and never to be equaled again.
5) Verse 23-24: At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect – if that were possible.
6) Verse 30: At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.
7) Verse 31: And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.
After reading all these verses, you might ask when will it happen? Jesus answered, ‘No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.’ Certainly, Jesus is coming back indeed. If you are not a believer, would you please consider Jesus is the Son of God; and invite Him into your heart. Jesus also mentioned, ‘Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.’ Do you think you will be taken by Jesus when He came back? How certain are you? Do you want to be left behind watching your other family members or friends went with Jesus on that day?
In conclusion, Jesus also gave us His weather warning that will happen on the day He returns. I hope you will take this warning seriously. Keep Watch and Be Prepared!
Mark 13: 24-27 “But in those days, following that distress, 'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’ “At that time people will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens.
It is very good. I thought 9 comments was left on your blog. I can't see well. It was none. However, worldly lots people read this blog and think about what you posted.
Let's pray for Holy Spirit will work on those who visit your blog.
Thank you to remind everyone with these message how we have harden our heart all the time. We think we are so sufficient to do all things. My pride is bothering me.
Hiroko, House on th Rock